Thursday, December 2, 2010

And Let There Be Pain

It is official. I hate braces. Not that I didn't before, it's just that I hate them a lot more now. Why this not so sudden change of heart? The entire left side of my mouth is throbbing in unbearable pain, causing me to stay awake at night, sobbing into my pillow while it comes and goes. It's been like this since last Friday night when it first started. Honestly, I don't know why it decided to accumulate right then and there just when I fell asleep, but the body works in strange ways that goes beyond my knowledge...


I went to see my orthodontist today, who said that from an orthodontic point of view, there was nothing wrong with me; and that my teeth were great. Then I went to see the dentist (who resides in the same clinic), who said that due to the flu I said I had had a week or so ago, my sinuses were probably blocked up and putting pressure on my upper left molars, as well as the rest of my mouth.


So, here I am now, all drugged up and sitting on the couch, writing this entry. The pain has subsided, and has been reduced to nothing (HOORAY), but I'm rather afraid of going to sleep tonight, because the pain generally accumulates... That's why I have resorted to sitting on my couch, writing this entry and watching House M.D. Season 1.


I think I may find something to eat now. Night all (:

No comments:

Post a Comment